Friday, August 13, 2010

Wife airing dirty laundry

Dear Housewife,

I have been married for a while, but early in the marriage I noticed that my wife airs our dirty laundry behind my back and to some degree when I am there.
I have told her I know and she denies it and argues. She nags me, blames me for everything, and if i argue with someone she wil not support me and even talks to them behind my back.
But as usual she blames me as I am the cause.
I tried speaking with her but she still blames me, nearly 20 years married, i am ready to walk out. I dont really want to, as she is good and loves my child.


Dear Reader,

Isn't that what a wife is suppose to do? LOL! I'm just kidding.

All joking aside, you should really sit down and talk with your wife about how this is affecting you and your marriage.
Be gentle in the way you approach it, so she does not meet you with a defensive stance.
Open and honest communication between a married couple is of vital importance for a relationship to be healthy and last.
Let her know that you would like more support from her and ask her to keep any talk of marital problems to at least one confidant.

Try spending more one on one time with you wife enjoying things together. A lot of times, marital strife will come when the couple are not feeling connected as they once did.

I hope I have been able to help you.

*If you have a question and would like it submitted for inclusion on Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!