Monday, July 26, 2010

Feeling Jealous


"Dear Housewife,

I got married 6 months, before marriage we know each other since 6 months,so its almost 1 year we know each other, our is an arranged marriage.

I have got a sister-In-Law, now she has come for her delivery.
Whenever my hubby talks very close with her or with any female i feel in secured.Especially when I'm in the office and my hubby goes with them leaving me, i feel very disgusted.
I do not know what exactly my stomach start growling. i feel somewhat.If i am also part of it i also enjoy the outing, even if they go out for something leaving me i feel very bad. I just cannot digest the fact that they are going without me.
If my hubby is not part of it i don't feel this bad, otherwise i feel very bad. I always want to be next to my hubby and i always want to be part of a group,i know I'm very possessive about him.

Even in my college days if someone ignores me in a conversation i used to feel very bad. Sometimes my hubby does to me Especially when he is talking to my Sister-In-Law he just ignores me or talks such topics where i am not related. I'm not complaining about my hubby but I'm not able to digest it.

Hope you understood my situation.
Please help me i know that i have got best family best hubby. But i don't know how to deal such situation.
Please give me some suggestions."


Dear Reader,

Have you ever tried talking to your husband about your feelings?

If not, I would suggest letting him know how this makes you feel. I would make sure to let him know that you have full trust and faith in him, and that it is just something that you are struggling with.

You need to try and build up your self esteem and security. Think about the first time you felt this way, and try to figure out why you began to feel this way. This will help you to overcome the issues you are facing.

Is your whole life based around your husband?
If so, try finding other things you enjoy apart from your husband. Find some new friends who you can do things with and talk to, so that your husband is not your only focus.

Spend a day to yourself on something that you enjoy. Getting a hair cut, or being pampered on occasion will help you to feel good about yourself! The point is, to do something that you really enjoy. This can help you to feel good about yourself inside and out.

Find your definition. Many people, when feeling jealous or insecure are usually unhappy with themselves for whatever reason. By figuring out the definition of yourself, who you really are, you can both increase self esteem and gain security as well.

I hope I have been able to help.

*If you have any questions and would like them submitted to Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!