Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My boyfriend hits me

"Dear Housewife,

My boyfriend hit me once while he was drunk...because I went out with a "slut" to a party.
He was scared that I'll turn into her. Pretty insecure boyfriend there, but the fact that he hit me wasnt good.
I stopped talking to him for a week and he came back begging for me, so I got back with him. He said he would never do that to me again.

There's this guy in our class (me and my boyfriend are classmates) who likes me, and hes my boyfriend's friend. My boyfriend dosent like him much just because that friend flirts with me.
All three of us went on a car ride and I didnt know my boyfriend was drunk. When I asked his friend for a cigarette..(actually was kidding and I dont smoke) my boyfriend got angry and he started hitting me and I cried.
I went back home and stopped talking to him again. It's been three days, but the problem is that I really love him, but hate him for hitting me for no reason.
He just went on hitting me again and again until we reached my home.
His friend was scared that he just drove fast so that I could escape. Now, I just want to know how long should I ignore him for what he did? I dont want to break up because I really love him and hes my first boyfriend.
I feel pathetic please help.
We've been together for two years and this is the second time he repeated the same mistake.
I hope if I allow no contact for awhile, that he might change but I need your help."




Dear Reader,

I am so sorry that you have found yourself in this situation, and I feel for you deeply.

It is NEVER acceptable for someone to hit you. Your boyfriend does not have the right to act out in this way.
I understand that you love your boyfriend very deeply, but what is more important to you.. your boyfriend or your own well being?

Issues such as these will often times escalate and I can advise with great certainty, that unless he receives help, it will only get worse with time.
Your boyfriend has issues that he needs to work out within himself before he is ready to be a loving, caring boyfriend that you deserve.

If you do love him, you will get him the help that he needs and give him the time he needs to work it all out.
Remember that you are a beautiful woman who deserves to be treated as such and should never allow someone to treat you in such a manner.

I would also recommend getting counseling for yourself to improve your self esteem. Surround yourself with friends who know your value and appreciate you.

I know that it must be hard for you to hear, but you really must distance yourself from your boyfriend so that he can get the help that he needs.

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to ask.

Below are a few resources that may be able to help you as well in your area.
http://www.abusedwomen.org/resources.html
http://www.indianchild.com/domestic_violence_in_india.htm
http://www.sawnet.org/orgns/violence.php#India

*If you have a question and would like it submitted for inclusion on Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!