Monday, August 16, 2010

Is she using me?

"Dear Housewife,

I would like to trouble you a bit by posing my problem with a great expection to get some solution and guidelines from your kind expertise.
I, being 54 met this young and beautiful lady of 32, who had joined our work place, but in different department.
Intially for the first six months, she was doing great in her job, but later on went down with her output leading her to receiving warnings from the employer. Since she had been a very moody lady, she had no friends to talk to her.
We happened to meet over lunch and I being very experienced helped her to come out of her problems related to job. This helped her to turn the table and she again began to discharge her duties exceedingly well. This entire process brought us together and we began to go for walks, coffees and dinner in the late evenings. This led me to fall in love with her.
With my age and experiences, I saw that she used to flirt with me, bite my fingers, pull my hair etc etc. I am a loner by myself, and one evening, I took her hand in mine to feel secure and also to be closer to her.
On that, she got very upset and told me that she hated my this behavior and she would never approve me of getting physical with her. She told me that she treated me only as a good friend and she never saw me from otherwise angle.
It was a rude shock to me, as she used to fly with me to exotic places, including abroad, to get gifts and also sometime cash. I had told her before that I have non with me and she would be handling everything of my life and I am all hers. She used to simple laugh away on that. After a few days, she came and flirted with me through her eys and as usual, I was behind her. We sat together and the same thing was repeated. I will do the same, and she would insult me. This process led to my reaching nowhere, and I was completely sucked up into vacuum. I felt terrible.
Then all of a sudden, she would invite me for a walk and like a fool, I would follow the suit.

One evening, when she was with me at Lyon, France at my own full expenses (she stayed in a separate room at my cost), I had a clear word with her on this matter. She did not change her stand and told me that she had never expected this thing from me. She agreed that whatever I was doing was natural but she was helpless on the matter.
Slowly, she reduced talking to me on mobile, and texting too. Also, if I called her up in the evening, and the call was unreplied, she would never ask me in the morning what was the reason to call her up.
Whenever I want to discuss our relationship with her, she keeps absolutely quiet and will not utter a word. This is now going for about 6 months. Now she and I have to go Spain for some office work and she is using me for getting all the things for her journey. I do not know how to handle her. I think she does not love me.
Is she using me? If she does not love me, why she taking all these favors from me?
Just yesterday, I happened to meet her late evening: We looked at each other, and I lost my control. I went ahead and kissed her on her forehead two times. She just kept quiet. After that, I told her that I had an emergent situation to discuss with her. That was regarding my career. But then she had some really urgent stuff to take care. She promised to revert to me this morning by 10 over coffee in a cafe in our office.
I waited for her, and then returned to my cabin. When I got a bit upset on her indifferent attitude to my problem, she came and said sorry but no explanation.
Could you please help me out to know what is going on here?
Let me tell you, I am not interested in having sex (intercourse) with her. I just love her and I want a lot of closeness with her. I want to feel her, and nothing more. I have told this to her numerous times."



Dear Reader,

I am sorry that you have found yourself in this predicament.

You say that you do not want a sexual relationship with her, but the things you have done, indicate that you do wish that.
She is giving you mixed signals and I can understand how this would confuse you greatly.

To give you my honest opinion on the matter.. Yes, I do think she is using you.
It seems as though she is stringing you along to get what she wants, and then backing off until she wants something else and expects you to be there at her whims.
I would recommend confronting her on this behavior and settling this once and for all. Let her know how all of this is making you feel.
If she does not care enough about you to hear you out, then you have your answer and I would move on to someone else who would appreciate you.

I hope I have been able to help you, and if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

*If you have a question and would like it submitted for inclusion on Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!