Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Financial and Marital problems

"Dear Housewife,

Ok, I don't know where to start.
My husband and I have been together for 5 years now. We got married a year and a half ago, and had a baby a year ago.
We have filed bankruptcy but we are still having financial problems because he is not working full time hours. They send him home early a lot. He keeps saying he is going to look into getting a part time bouncing job at a bar, but I'm not too crazy about that.
Another thing is that he goes and hangs out at a friends house about once a month but does not come home until 3, 4, or 5 in the morning. He says he falls a sleep there.
I don't care if they go out or stay there, but he does not give me the respect to call or text me on how late he will be.
I will wake up in the middle of the night worrying about him. I text him, no answer, I call him, no answer. Last night he didn't get home until 5:15 a.m. and I'm so upset about it.
If I go out with a friend, I am usually home by midnight.
Should I be worried, should I kick him out even though I really don't want to split up the family?
He is not attempting to get another job to make more money, I work OT if I can, and I have applied for several part time jobs. I'm tired of doing it all. I'm just so confused on what I should do. He also got upset that I was going to be gone on Saturday because I had the chance to work some OT."



Dear Reader,

Finances can definitely put a strain on a marriage, and I am sorry that you have found yourself in this situation.

I would talk with your husband about all that you are feeling.
I wouldn't come at him in a threatening way, or he may take the defensive stance and shut down completely.
Let him know that you do not mind him going out with his friends, and even staying over, but that you would like to know his plans so that you are aware if he will be home or not.
Make him aware that you do not feel respected and that you worry about him.

Communication is key in a marriage, and if you both cannot communicate in an open and honest way, then the marriage will not work. You both should be each other's number one priority in life and should be treated as such.

I hope that I have been able to help.

*If you have a question and would like it submitted for inclusion on Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!