Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is Amy Interested?


"Dear Housewife,

I am living with my sister temporarily until I head off for graduate school.
I find one of my sister's former roommates attractive- lets call her Amy.
Each week a group of us (including Amy) meet together to watch a TV series.
On several occasions, Amy has found opportunities for physical contact (touching the arm, leg, etc.) I decided I would ask her out for lunch. Lunch went well. Conversation flowed.
A week later my sister had a birthday party to which she was invited. She briefly said hello but spent the majority of the time talking to other girls/guys at this party.

Meanwhile, I met another girl named Jennifer. Without knowing, Jennifer and Amy work in the same office.
I took Jennifer out to lunch and Amy just so happened to be there. Amy played it off. But within an hour of seeing her, she sent me a text asking me "how the date was?"
I clearly like Amy more than Jennifer and wanted her to know that. So I blew off my lunch date with Jennifer as a "friend date".
I persisted and asked Amy out again for lunch. She agreed.
During the date the topic of relationships/dating came up. Considering we are both near the "age of marriage", we laughed at how our parents feed us dating advice.
Amy related an experience when her mom told her that if she wanted to grab a boy's attention, she should touch him on the arm.
This is my question: Taking into account her behavior in the various situations described, is she interested? And what should be my next step?"

Dear Reader,

Considering how Amy accepted two lunch date invitations, then I would say that she is at least interested in getting to know you more.

I would suggest asking her out on a dinner date along with some other form of entertainment such as putt-putt, or anything else that you both may be interested in.
Most people would suggest going to the movies, and while that is a great option, it does not give you a chance to be able to talk.
Asking Amy out on a dinner date will help her to know that you are more interested in pursuing a relationship with her. A lunch date can sometimes be mistaken for a friendship sort of thing, and you want to be clear with her.
During your date, let her know that you are interested in her on a more romantic level. The more honest you are with her, the more she will appreciate you being able to be open and communicative with her.

I wish you the best of luck!!

* If you have questions that you would like submitted to Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!