Monday, August 23, 2010

Being pulled by boyfriend and Father.

"Dear Housewife,

Hi there. I have a problem.
My boyfriend forces his thinking on me, but this time it has become a problem.
My dad wants me to learn how to drive a car, but my boyfriend does not.
At this time, my boyfriend is working in a different city and my father is forcing me to learn, but my boyfriend is forcing me not to.
I am so confused! My dad is very strict and my boyfriend is not ready to listen to me. What should I do?
I live in India where the culture is so different than the states, and I'm not sure what I can do. Please help!"




Dear Reader,

What do YOU want to do?

As it really depends on your age, if you are living with your parents and your father wants you to learn how to drive, then I would do so.
Driving is a great skill and will help you with your independence.

If your boyfriend is already projecting his strong viewpoints onto you, then I would not suggest going further with him, as this is a small thing. What happens when there is something big? Most likely, he will want to force you even more so, and that is not beneficial to either of you.

I hope I have been able to help.

*If you have a question and would like it submitted for inclusion on Ask A Housewife!, please use the contact form and your question will be posted at the soonest availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have found this helpful, or wish to offer your own advice, please do so.
I always look forward to hearing from my readers!